Also known as ocean freight, sea freight is one of the longest established forms of transporting goods internationally. It can also be a great option for shipping personal effects. While air freight is more suitable for the transport of time-sensitive goods, sea freight is the more economical choice for businesses and individuals looking for a cost-efficient delivery solution.
Using our contacts with all the major shipping lines, we offer sea freight forwarding services with different transit times, enabling customers to make accurate forecasts and keep costs within budget. We secure contract rates in advance, you can receive these via email to compare costs.
Our professional sea freight services include:
- Regular departures to/from all international ports worldwide working with various shipping lines.
- Courier services for urgent cargo/documentation
- Full Container Load (FCL)/Less than Container Load (LCL) shipments worldwide
- Out of Gauge/special equipment and RoRo
- All equipment available: 20ft and 40ft GP’s; High Cubes; Reefers; Open Tops; Flat racks
- Consolidated shipping can reduce costs as well as saving time and efficiencies
How to get the most out of our sea freight forwarding services:
1. Plan ahead: Transporting goods by sea takes much longer than by air. There are also other considerations such as national holidays, bad weather conditions and other delay-related factors. Lack of planning can lead to unexpected decisions that will cost you and eat into your profit margins. Book well in advance of your desired delivery date to ensure that your goods will be shipped on time. Our expert freight team can provide you with approximated transit times depending on the vessel, routes and good local knowledge.
2. Bigger is better: For sea freight, greater volumes almost always mean more affordable delivery rates, especially when you’re shipping goods to international destinations.
3. Protect your goods: Package your goods correctly to minimise the possibility of damage during transit.
4. Know which service type you’ll need: There are different service types in sea freight shipment. The most common ones are Full Container Load (FCL) and Less than Container Load (LCL). FCL is for customers who want a full container for their cargo. LCL is for customers who are willing to share the same container for their cargo with other shippers and consignees.
The world is your oyster with TPS Global
TPS Global is a leading sea freight forwarding company. With over 16 years of experience and prestigious awards under our belt, our sea freight services deliver cost savings and improved supply chain solutions for your logistics needs. We have developed close partnerships with major shipping lines, allowing us access to a wide range of carriers. This enables us to provide our clients with high-quality sea freight services at the most competitive prices.
Work with us today and enjoy hassle-free global connectivity. Request a free quote today or call us on +44 (0) 1622 237 979 for enquiries.
“Our experience working with Ben and the team at TPS Global has been excellent. We are very pleased to have selected TPS Global as our warehousing and logistics partner. The team is very reactive, flexible, competent, and always does its best to accommodate the needs of our customers. We are happy with our collaboration, and believe this is the start of a long and fruitful partnership.”
André Vidal, Director, Oxalis Brands Limited
European Export, Pick and Pack Partnership, Oxalis Brands Limited
“I use TPS Global for my shipping needs for three simple reasons:
They pick and collect exactly when they say they will, even when given short notice or tight deadlines; the packages are handled with care and always arrive in excellent condition; I’m always kept informed every step of the way, useful for both me and my customers.”
Molecular Dimensions Ltd
“I’d just like to thank TPS Global and their team for all their hard work, they have been nothing but helpful and easy to work with, guiding me through from the very start as my business has grown, being patient and proactive whenever we’ve come across problems.
I feel you’ve understood the nature of my business, how important confidentiality is along with a speedy response, competitive pricing and a general ‘can-do’ attitude, for which I am truly grateful.
So once more thanks again for a first class service, I look forward to the next year working with you.”