European import and export rules are now in place, our Managing Director Matt Smith runs through the preparations and requirements.
At TPS Global Logistics our knowledgeable and experienced team are used to worldwide shipping and customs procedures and we will keep your supply chain moving.
As your Freight Forwarder we take care of the logistics, including making customs declarations on your behalf. Leaving you to concentrate on the other aspects of your business.
Please supply us with the following clearance instructions for each shipment. We complete customs declarations on your behalf.
- Click here if you need an EORI Number
- If you haven’t set up a deferment account are you planning to use ours?
- Get your commodity codes here.
If you plan to trade with businesses in EU countries, you will be affected by new customs and tax rules. In particular:
- Get ready to make customs declarations – these are needed on all exports from the UK and if you’re importing controlled goods. If you import goods that are not controlled, you may be able to delay making your declarations for up to six months. For more information about this go to GOV.UK.
- Make sure that you know how to classify your goods, and how you’ll evidence their origin – If you do not classify your goods correctly or if you do not accurately record the origin of the goods in your customs declaration, you may be charged the wrong amount of tax or duty. If you choose not to hire an intermediary, you will need to do this yourself. You can find more information on GOV.UK.
- And if you’re preparing to move goods under the Northern Ireland Protocol, register for the free Trader Support Service.
If you need further help:
- Get expert help lined up – we recommend you get a contract in place as soon as you can with a customs intermediary either a freight forwarder like us, or a customs broker. This is especially important if you’re exporting or importing controlled goods, as you will not be able to delay your declarations.
- Use the transition checker on GOV.UK to understand HMRC processes for importing, exporting or customs relief or call the Customs & International Trade Helpline on 0300 322 9434.
If you’re still not confident that you’re fully prepared please do not try to move goods from 1 January until you have taken action. If you don’t have the correct authorisations, contracts and agreements in place you could face delays and extra costs.
Contact us for advice +44(0)1622 237979 firstname.lastname@example.org